Monday, September 11, 2006

3 More Weeks!!??

In 15 School Days I might be totally bald. It's crazy to think about. In fact, I'd say I'm starting to get more nervous than I was before.

While there's a chance I might not have to shave my head, I think chances are very probable. If I know Crossing Park School at all, I know everyone here is very committed to helping out other people whenever possible. Because of that, I bought a toque and a hat this weekend in case I end up looking like an alien. It's always nice to be prepared.

Also this weekend, I told my family and some people from my home town the big news. (They knew I was thinking about shaving my head if Crossing Park School reaches their fundraising goal for the Terry Fox Run... but this was their official announcement.) Everyone was really proud! Some people even want me to send pictures of the "Big Head Shave Day". I wonder how much hair I'll have back when I go home for Thanksgiving Dinner? Maybe I'll decide to keep it shaved for awhile if it looks okay. Hmmmm....

Every week teachers get a "What's Up This Week" Newsletter, and my decision was part of the news. It felt strange to be a mini-celebrity. In fact this whole experience feels strange/exciting/fun/scary/nerve-wracking/neat all rolled up into one. I'm really glad I've decided to do this. :) 3 more weeks.