Thursday, September 07, 2006

I'm officially in!!

Well, the secret is out. I'm going to shave my head for the Terry Fox Foundation if both the students and staff Crossing Park School EACH bring in their TOONIES. I'm still working on the totals and the details; the commitment, however, has been made!

I've double checked with the two organizing teachers and our principal, and everyone is on board (and very excited).

I've also told my class and the leadership team, too. My Grade Sixes gasped with surprise when I told them. Imagine the reaction if I actually have to shave my head bald for awhile!! Yikes!

I'm nervous, but not really scared. I'm lucky that it's a choice for me to shave my head. Some people who are sick have no choice but to lose their hair. This experience might help me empathize with those people. I'm very excited I get to help Crossing Park and the Terry Fox foundation have the best fundraiser possible.